Monday, September 13, 2010

Pillbox saves the day


Here I am, plugged in and ready to go at the recent BOLDfest conference in Vancouver, a conference for the older, bolder lesbian set. Well, you don't actually have to be old, bold OR lesbian to be there. It's not like they checked our ID for date of birth, or interviewed us about our social orientation. It's a self-screening sort of thing.
But since I am relatively old, and getting bolder by the minute, and all the while, a card-carrying second-wave, pre-post, feminist lesbian, I more than qualified to attend. I performed my Charm, Beauty and Poise show for the girls and a decidedly raucous and inappropriately ebullient time was had by all.
It is a little known fact that as much as 87% of all good breeding escapes through the top of the head.
Hence the pillbox.

Photo by Carole Finnegan.

2 comments: