Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Artist Almost Mauled by Banff Bison



I was walking in the town of Banff this past weekend (for my opening at Canada House), minding my business as it were, when suddenly I was confronted by the monstrous hirsute creature pictured above. I was trying to remember everything I had ever learned about what to do in such an instance. Sadly, all the information I could glean from the recesses of my mind, pertained to bears. But it was all I had...so I ruminated just the same. However, in my panic, I quickly became confused, about whether it was the black bear or the grizzly that could climb trees. And one of them you are NEVER supposed to look at in the eye. I was awash in uncertainty as regards protocol, a tragic situation for any girl. And just when I thought things might take a truly tragic turn, the voice of the Parks Canada attendant broke through, reminding me that I had not yet paid the museum entrance fee.

Phew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment