Sunday, May 23, 2010

be afraid. be very afraid


It should have been a routine operation, an excursion into the fridge as part of my usual preparation for dinner. I was reaching for a potato when I drew my hand back.
There it was, as plain as the quest for women's equality is long. The face of satan. Those perfectly symmetrical horns. That expression....well, it was a little blank.
It had to be a red potato too.
I couldn't look away. There was something in his gaze, even though it was well, sort of non-descript.
But still, taking no chances, I quickly closed the door and ordered takeout.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through one of my gabriola friends. I read back to the first post and it found it hilarious. I should probably read your book. I have long admired your artwork too. I'm looking forward to reading about your next observations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a rare flip of events I actually looked at the picture before reading the text, resulting is a quick intake of breath and a visible start. Those horns and red pallor are unmistakably demonic. It would be take-out for weeks for this girl!

    ReplyDelete