Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's all about the painting






















I have decided to put my eggs in one basket as it were, and limit my blogospheric musings to matters more directly related to my practice as a painter.

I know many of my women readers (there must be at least six) will be aghast at this turn of events, because they have been counting on me to provide charm and beauty tips as I conduct research for my new book, Dangerous Curves. But I promise to do everything in my power to get this book published as soon as possible or during my lifetime (which ever comes first) and will keep you posted when any large developments take place. In the meantime, do the best you can with what you have at hand.

So above then, is a brand new painting called "love struck", part of a body of work I am creating for my annual Heartspeak studio show. I was having a chat with one of my dealers the other day, and she posited that my work had perhaps become a tad too cerebral for the average art buyer. She was referring in particular, to my troubled attachment to Sigmund Freud and offered in as sensitive a manner as she could muster, that not everyone gets it. So I have decided to rest my psychoanalytical case for a while at least, and just throw some paint around.

It's a serious lot of fun.

4 comments:

  1. Not aghast but already missing the musings on feral turkeys and general goings-on. Love the new painting, await the new book.

    Since have some short-term memory loss, will content myself with re-reading old posts when I need a general pick-me-up. Happy painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certainly "love STRUCK" by the beauty of this one and can tell the 6 readers it has even more WOW factor in person (I know it is hard to believe, you'll just have to get to Sheila's studio tour next week to see for yourself!)

    ReplyDelete