Wednesday, April 27, 2011

too busy to blog

I suppose it's a really good problem to have...being too busy painting, to blog about painting. There's a great line in an even greater old movie ('the more the merrier' 1943) where Charles Coburn's character says that there are two kinds of people in the world: those who write in diaries, and those who are out doing the things the other people write about in their diaries.
I was struck by this little passage, and even went so far as to write it down in my journal.
Oh dear, I suppose that makes me someone who writes in her diary about those who are out doing the things that people like me write in their diaries about. Oh well.

I have been very busy preparing for a two-person show coming in a few weeks at Agnes Bugera Gallery in Edmonton. That's my story about why I haven't been blogging more these past many weeks and I am sticking to it.

Around she goes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila, what an enjoyable time I've had reading your posts on this blog! Not only are you a talented artist, you tell good stories too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love this one!!!!!
    still spinning myself :)

    ReplyDelete