Thursday, November 11, 2010

cover girl

I am very thrilled to say that I am now, finally, officially, a cover girl. The rag in question is FOCUS magazine (Victoria BC), and I am Miss November, which I suppose is better than misbehaving, although I might rather be misbehaving.
The occasion that sparked my appearance in/on the magazine is my participation in a group art show at the Vancouver Island School of Art called "Rare Birds" which opens in Victoria tomorrow night (friday Nov 12) and runs (or flies) until Dec 6th. The other avian-obsessed artists are Roy Green, Dianne Kremmer, and the dynamic duo of sculptors Kimm Nightingale and Joke Mensink.

But wait. There's more! I am presenting my slide show "I Never Met a Blank Canvas I Didn't Like" in Victoria on thursday November 18th. Details about both events can be found here.

Victoria's poet laureate Linda Rogers, a regular contributor to FOCUS magazine, and brilliant Canadian scribe, has written a fabulously insightful article about me and my artistic/performative antics. You can download the PDF and read all about it here.

I am on page 12. Not too far in, but in decent enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment